We long to be more and more like Jesus. We follow in His footsteps - striving to love everyone from every walk of life. We join Jesus in His work in the world.
Our core values bring clarity to the things that matter most at St. John Lutheran. They guide how we achieve our mission, influencing major leadership decisions as well as everyday ministry plans. In short, they keep us focused on the unique role that God has given us.
Being Shaped by Christ to Serve
What does this mean?
- First, we are shaped by Christ. He shapes our thoughts, words and actions by His Word and Sacraments. As we are connected to Jesus, He transforms our whole life and being.
- Second, we are shaped for the purpose of serving others. We gladly serve our neighborhood, church, community, family, friend, and stranger in the name of Christ our Savior.
- Community – Connecting people through meaningful relationships
- Life-Long Learning – Growing as a disciple of Jesus every day
- Compassion – Ensuring everyone’s needs are being met respectfully
- Sharing the Gospel – Sharing Jesus through inspired living
- Stewardship – Using our time, talent, and treasures to serve others
The Lord bless you and keep you, The Lord make His face shine upon you, the Lord look upon you with His favor and give you peace. Amen.
Much More Than a Place to Attend
We are a community centered on the person, mission, and gospel of Jesus Christ. We are called to proclaim and embody the love of Jesus to our community and world. Below is a great summary of the Christian faith. For questions and more information, please contact our Pastors.
God loves the people of the world, even though they are sinful, rebel against Him and do not deserve His love. While we deserved to pay the penalty for our sins, God had a different plan. He sent Jesus, His only Son, to love the unlovable and to save the ungodly. Christ paid the debt and we receive forgiveness and eternal life from Him that is offered freely – out of unconditional love. That’s why it’s called grace – because it is truly undeserved.
It is through faith in Jesus that we receive the forgiveness of sins and eternal life – by believing that He has freed us from the guilt, punishment, and power of sin. Faith is a gift worked in us by the power of the Holy Spirit. It doesn’t come to us through anything we are capable of, but through what God does for us. We simply receive what God is already offering out of His great love.
Everything we believe comes from the Bible – God’s message of love and hope for all people. The Bible is the written Word of God, handed down to us in order to point us to the truth that we are saved from our sin and eternal death by the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. We believe that the Bible is completely reliable and without error. In it we learn everything we need to know about God’s love and His gifts to us.
Our Lord Jesus is God’s only begotten Son, fully divine, conceived by the Holy Spirit and also fully man, born of the Virgin Mary. We believe that by His holy life and innocent suffering and death on the cross, He has reconciled us to God and has saved us. Whoever believes in Him will not perish, but will have everlasting life.