St. John Lutheran | Plymouth
In 1855, a group of 13 families from the community of Plymouth began to hold monthly worship services. We met in school buildings and in farm houses until a church building of our own could be constructed. We were supported by other congregations until we could grow large enough to support ourselves. The pastor rode in a horse and buggy to visit people living in the area. We spoke German and were originally known as Evangelische-Lutherische St. Johannes Gemeinde.
So much has changed. And so much has stayed the same. Thousands have called downtown Plymouth their spiritual home as, together, we proclaim God’s Word and reach out into the community with service and love.