Sometimes a listening ear is needed to sort out life’s challenges and concerns. The people of St. John trust in the confidence and care of our pastoral counseling team.
Examples of life moments when pastoral care is needed:
- Celebrating a birth/adoption, baptism, graduation, wedding, retirement, anniversary, or birthday
- Prayers during a pregnancy, job hunt, or final exams
- Support while caring for a child, spouse, or parent with long-term physical or mental health issues
- Grieving the death of a family member, friend, or pet
- Transitioning after the end of a relationship, move, or major life change
- Struggling with short-term or long-term health issues
- Preparing for or healing from surgery
- Facing end-of-life decisions
St. John family: Please call the church office whenever you (or a family member) are admitted to the hospital. Privacy laws and short hospital stays sometimes slow the channel of notification. Without your contact to the church, it’s quite likely that pastors will not hear of the hospitalization in any other way.