Celebrate Easter at St. John
We will continue to reflect on the sacrifice of our Savior, Jesus Christ, and celebrate the new life we have through His resurrection. We invite you to listen and participate in the amazing story of our crucified and risen King. Join us for the following Services:
- Wednesday Services at 3:15 PM and 6:30 PM. Starting Ash Wednesday, February 17th, we gather together to consider our Lord Jesus who is our Great High Priest.
- Palm Sunday Service on Sunday March 28 at 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM. Palm Sunday marks the beginning of Holy Week as we recall our Lord's triumphant entry into Jerusalem amidst the shouts of "Hosanna," as well as hearing once again of our Lord's suffering for our salvation.
- Maundy Thursday Service on Thursday April 1 at 6:30 PM. Maundy comes from the Latin word mandatum, meaning "commandment". Our Lord Jesus gives a new commandment to "love one another even as I have loved you". The greatness of His love is in sharp contrast to His disciples' betrayal and denial. His selfless servanthood is demonstrated as He washes His disciples' feet and gives of Himself in Holy Communion.
- Good Friday Service on Friday April 2 at 12:30 PM and 6:30 PM. Good Friday impresses upon the hearts and minds of believers the awful consequences of sin and the magnitude of our Savior's sacrifice. As we recall our Lord's passion, suffering and death, we give thanks to God for reconciling the world to Himself through the death of His only Son.
- Easter Service on Sunday April 4 at 6:00 AM, 7:45 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM. Easter brings joy and thanksgiving as we exclaim that "Christ Is Risen! He is Risen Indeed, Alleluia!" We celebrate the resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ and give thanks to the Lord who promises that because Jesus lives, we will live also!